Thursday 28 January 2010

So I arrived...

and I miss you Helen but I love having so much to tell you!

I should do an update really...just to make sure I didn't forget to tell you anything! But rather than a long monologue about everything I've done so far, I'm going to make two lists, because I love lists and people get bored easily. So here it is...

*AWESOME*
- How lovely, clean and pretty Toronto is...
-...and how easy it is to get lost (in a good way)
- Having full access to Peanut Butter M&M's, Crunchy Cheetos and Mountain Dew again
- Tim Horton's...though I'm yet to try the hot chocolate
- The fact that Canadians say they don't say 'oot' and 'aboot' but they most definitely DO
- The dude in the Wireless Wave phone shop...not because he was hot or anything, he was just awesome and I suspect he would have sold his limbs for us if we'd asked. Oh I love being English...
- 'Oh my gosh I love your accent'
- 'Hey I love your hair'...4658674 times a day
- Hockey game this Saturday! GO MARLIES!
- 'Hey I like your hat. And your scarf.' *From a dude who I walked past in the city hall* '...Oh, not to mention your skirt'
- The woman in the TD bank who couldn't stop telling me I was beautiful... coughlesbiancough
- Yonge Street...just Yonge Street
- The horrendous Canadian souvenirs...slashed-front shirt anyone?
- The black squirrels! They're everywhere!
- The boy who works for Rogers in the Eaton Centre...gfjjfdbsgfdgkfdjbgjfdrehrjdhfjdb

*AWFUL*
- Getting lost for two hours before I even got to my hostel and then some dude falling off his balcony onto the street and knocking himself out unconscious RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME
- RETARDED CANADIAN PHONE CONTRACTS
- Not having facebook on my phone anymore...I am lame
- WHY IS IT SO COLD, WHY IS MY FOREHEAD COLD, WHY ARE MY ARMPITS COLD, WHY IS MY COLON COLD?
- Sharing a hostel room with someone who thinks it's socially acceptable to get jiggy in the middle of the night when you're trying to sleep. Er, no.
- Already feeling the stress of not having a job. Believe it or not...unemployment sucks
- 3 bedroom apartments with furniture are apparently like gold dust
- Getting lost...56 times a day
- WHY DO THESE MAPS MAKE NO SENSE
- Missing everyone...

More to come...love you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment