Sunday 28 February 2010

Some Girls Are Crrrrraaaaazyyyyyyyyyyy!

Well well well Woolly Edge I did enjoy those pics and blogs, it appears you're more dedicated to this blog than I am...or is it that I've spent the entire past week at work, then unpacking/packing/unpacking/moving rooms/packing/moving rooms/packing/unpacking/packing/moving into my apartment?! ...Oh that one!!! Right time for an update!!

So last weekend Andy and I decided to hit downtown! First stop was a club called Crocodile Rock to say hi to one of Andy's friends whose birthday was being celebrated there, we paid five dollar cover, did a shot each, said hello then had to hightail it to another club to meet up with another one of Andy's ace friends Vivek (the one whose condo I got too drunk in and almost destroyed the bowling alley), who bought us a delish Mojito each in a fancy bar and then got us in on guestlist to a club called Circa (normal cover is 25 bucks...YEAHHHHH RIGHT!) because one of his friends had hired a booth for her birthday that night! Love it! Partying!

So more about Circa...basically, it's the most mind-effing club I've ever been in! For starters, it has escalators between the floors (of which there are many)!!! Then there's the stilt-walkers, the fire-breathers, the acrobats from the ceiling, the guy playing electric guitar on stage along to the songs (bear in mind, the guitar wasn't plugged in at any point. DENIED), the toilets that had a shower in (with glass walls?) and also was decorated to look like a morgue, complete with fridges, the hairdressers' chair (and hairdresser...yeah you could sit and get your hair cut.) and the KidRobot themed room that had giant plastic rabbits that we totally forgot to take photos with!! I was having a ball and we took loads of pics in front of this amazing wall that was covered in...loads of pics! It's the one that's in my profile picture on facebook...yes maybe we enjoyed it a bit too much?! The only downside was that we didn't get much change from 20 bucks for two Amaretto Sours and I spent the night evading a weirdo whose opening line was 'You're not from Toronto. I know that. Nobody dresses like that in Toronto.'...weeeeeeeeeeird!

We bailed after a while though because we wanted to go back to Croc Rock! Now this is where things get messy, I've filled you in on the events that aren't bloggable ;) but let's just say I spent the latter part of the night being a thorough gobshite and ruining someone's life from a different country. Ha! After we left we went in search of burritos, then ditched the burritos and got McNuggets and snacks, and then JP ran over the top of an actual car right in front of a club and somehow, SOMEHOW, avoided getting shot!!

After that it was back to Scarboro for a good sleep in Andy's bed and then up early the next day to head to the beach! :)

First stop was Andy's mum's house! She cooked so many choc chip pancakes and insisted that I ate a ton of them, which I gladly did! I had such a good time hanging with her fam and meeting her siblings, I've missed the family dynamic so it took the edge off the homesickness I felt creeping in slightly. I also met her dogs Emma and Annie, Emma being a purebred British bulldog no wonder she wanted to jump on me and lick my face! :)

We piled into Andy's car and headed to the beach, I was surprised by how quickly we got there - it's so strange, Toronto's a really metropolitan, built-up city but the beach was literally just 'down the road' (as in, at the other end of the monolithic road that is Queen Street!) and it was SO gorgeous. It was a really fresh-feeling, nicely breezy day, the sun was shining but there was snow and ice on the rocks on the beach, definitely the best hangover cure. We also took Annie the dog for a walk because there's a special designated area on the beach for doggies, she had a blast playing fetch, finding balls hidden in the sand and doing massive dog poos! I saved one just for you Woollard, don't you worry. My favourite part of the beach was the little cove/inlet with a beach house and a jetty...apparently when the tide's really high and the waves are bad they crash over the jetty and it's fun to dodge them...hmmm I'll wait and see for that one!

After that we went to get Starbucks and I bought a fake American Apparel-style hoody from a place called Arlene...exact same quality, colour and softness but for half the price! I do love me a good bargain! Then we dropped off the lil' ones (the kids not the poos), and then I insisted that Andy took me to this restaurant by her house that serves Vietnamese food where I'd had the most incredible chicken and noodle rice paper wraps a few weeks back and once again it did not disappoint!!! I also got to meet her friend Dan who was a total sweetheart and dropped the bombshell that these Canadian freaks play i-Spy wrong! WRRRRRRRRRRRONGGGGGGG I TELL YOU!!! We attempted to go to the cinema later that night but we missed the showings of Shutter Island so instead we went to Tim Horton's for coffee and doughnuts, and I entertained Andy by walking through the drive-thru ATM...my God Helen, what have I become?! I'm a sheer rebel!

No comments:

Post a Comment